Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Whisper


John 11
25-26"You don't have to wait for the End. I am, right now, Resurrection and Life. The one who believes in me, even though he or she dies, will live. And everyone who lives believing in me does not ultimately die at all. Do you believe this?"

27"Yes, Master. All along I have believed that you are the Messiah, the Son of God who comes into the world."

28After saying this, she went to her sister Mary and whispered in her ear, "The Teacher is here and is asking for you."

Continuing my reading in John I find some verses that really speak to my heart. These are some of those.

In life as things die, people die, seasons come to an end, life changes but the only real truth in life is that we will never die. We will spend our life somewhere. Either Heaven or Hell. I know I am writing to Christians and love you all greatly but God has given us gifts and talents not just to sit in the room by ourselves after the death of a season or persons. Yes this is life changing and all part of God’s plan. This is a reality that is not easy to deal with. It houses many compartments and is more complex than just saying or writing it.

To take this deeper and find a deeper meaning here in verse 25, we don’t have to wait until the end, the end for us is the beginning. I made a statement recently "there is no telling where God could have taken us had I...". This statement in it’s entirety is true but as a part is not. I know that made no sense but you have to know the whole story so lets just say "we don’t have to wait until the end". Life is right now, where we are at, what we are doing and what we are going to do. The end of verse 26 is something that the Spirit of God continues to teach me, "do you believe this.

I mean that is the real question here. Do you? When praying the Spirit is saying "do you, you do don’t you?". Some of you have heard this, kind of crazy but the Spirit of God in the mist of praying ask me this. My response is the same as verse 27 "Yes, Master". But mine is more "yes Master and a little laugh", I just can’t believe it sometimes, just how powerful God is!

Now for the end of this story. Have you had anyone recently or have you recently practiced verse 28? Have you whispered in someone’s ear and let them know that God loves them, God cares for them and God can change their life? I have had this recently. Let me tell you something that this does. It heals, it mends, it builds broken hearts, broken relationships and broken spirits.

This is bit deep and streach on these verses but it's how I saw them. So, again as you guys go out, as we all go out into our own mission field that God has us in, whisper to someone. "Jesus is here, and he is asking for you".............
George Beasley

No comments:

Oh Snap

  Oh Snap Oh snap! Before I knew it, I found myself at the bottom of a pit. It happened overnight, leaving me bewildered. I hadn’t experie...