Thursday, May 31, 2007

All About The "I"

Isaiah 55: 8-11 MSG) "I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work." God's Decree. “For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think.” 


I have had more than one conversation lately concerning the will of God for my life. Each time I say things like, "I have tried this. I have tried that. I am going to do this. I think I will do that." All of which have turned out to be nothing but a waste of time. Twice this week, I have been challenged with using the word "I" in these terms. Notice that there is nothing in the statements above that lends itself to God. There is only "I." 


So, what do I think about this? For the past two years, I have been involved with an incredible water sports ministry called In His Wakes, and I have decided that God has had me here for a reason, a reason that I cannot explain. There has been a great deal of thought put into the reason God allowed me to depart from this great ministry. I must admit I have tried to explain it many times, all the while using the terms "I" and "me." 


This week, I learned that God has an incredible plan waiting for me. Do I know what it is? No! But God does, and I am content to wait on Him and to learn and prepare myself for the next chapter in the story as GOD writes it, not "I." 


Isaiah 55: 8-11 sums it up. We all know these verses and are quick to make them ours, but the reality is we like doing things our way. We like knowing the plan. Let’s get humble in the sight of God and be big enough and honest enough to say we don’t have it figured out, but God does.


Please visit In His Wakes at www.inhiswakes.com


No comments:

Was It Love or Was It...

  Was It Love or Was It... According to Wikipedia, betrayal is defined as “the breaking or violation of a presumptive contract , trust , ...