Friday, April 19, 2024

Oh Snap

 Oh Snap


Oh snap! Before I knew it, I found myself at the bottom of a pit. It happened overnight, leaving me bewildered. I hadn’t experienced that feeling in several years. There was no tail spin or spiral; I simply woke up to find myself in a pit of despair.


I was not just exhausted; I was in a place that I could only hope to emerge from once again. It’s a constant battle to break free from this place. If you’ve been there, you know what I’m talking about. 


As I looked around in this dark pit, I noticed it was a cylinder about six feet in circumference, and the walls were made of a type of dark, slippery mud. The mud was streaming down the pit, and I knew it was going to be a struggle to get to the top. Could I make it out? I wasn’t sure this time. 


I glanced upwards, searching for any sign of light, and there, in the distance, a dim light flickered. It felt incredibly far away, almost unreachable. I felt lost, my heart heavy with pain, uncertain if I would survive. My head just sunk and my eyes closed, questioning the impact of this evil and the weight of my human emotions. Will I even live?


Lisa saw something in me early that morning and asked me if I was okay. I assured her I was just fine. In my heart, I believed God’s love was giving me the will to survive. My only hope was in my redeemer, trusting that I would come out of this dark and lonely place. I know His name holds power and can break any stronghold.


The walls were so thick and the climb out would be one of the most difficult of all time. For the past two and a half years, I’ve been equipped with the tools to face the walls of this darkness.


Lisa continued to press me for clarity, checking in with me hour by hour. It became increasingly frustrating, not just navigating out of the pit but also seeing the love of my life trying to rescue me from it. She understood where I was; she has a special way about her. She threw me a lifeline in the pit, but I couldn’t see it—it was too dark. 


Has anyone reading this ever experienced a similar place of despair? I was in pain, but I knew I was not alone in the pit. I knew that there was another presence with me in the darkness. 


As the hours passed during that day, it seemed I was living a dual life. A life of despair and a life of hope. As I grabbed the lifeline of hope and spoke the name of Jesus, I slowly made my way out of this pit of the strongholds that had held me captive. 


The darkness had not prevailed that time. Lisa asked me one more time if I was okay. My answer was very simple, “I am.” I told her about the intense battle I had faced within myself that day, in a pit deeper than any I had ever known. She understood and explained she had been praying for me. 


She prayed I could break every stronghold and emerge victorious! That I did! As the power, known to only a few, lifted me out of the pit, I didn’t struggle to reach the top but emerged victorious, not by my own strength, but by the power of Jesus. These broken pieces, buried deep in the pit, were brought to life by a light I hope you can also find, as I did. 


I need to be real with you here; it was never me, but Him. I have been given invaluable tools by a remarkable person who understands humans like no one I have ever known. She perceives every thought and its impact on my emotional well-being. With her guidance, I’ve learned to navigate the exhaustion, stress, and pain of life. Coupled with the faith that anchors me, everything falls into place. It’s a delicate balance between faith and human emotions. And then there’s my sweet Lisa, a wonderful and beautiful lifeline who recognized the pit I was in, prayed for me, and encouraged me throughout my darkest hours. 


Coming out of the pit is never easy; it never becomes easy. It is far simpler to fall into it, given our human nature. Our thoughts, emotions, and our spirit must be guarded constantly. Keep looking up; that’s where you will find hope, and HIS grace will restore all the broken pieces. 


www.sandwestedit.com

 

No comments:

Oh Snap

  Oh Snap Oh snap! Before I knew it, I found myself at the bottom of a pit. It happened overnight, leaving me bewildered. I hadn’t experie...