Wednesday, May 2, 2007

True Colors


Written in October of 2006 in the mist of what would come to be one of the greatest trials and test of my life. Would I stay or would I give up all that I had been blessed with for the past two years. This is what I had been waiting for my entire Christian life and now God wanted me to move on! I later came to realize that I had no decision in the matter at all, it was all of God. As Pastor Danny says "it’s His providential will George. For me, I don’t really understand but I am learning and have a great peace in knowing that God's plan will go forward. He may reveal His reasons for moving me one day, either way I can stand on these verses as truth. I had to add the following verse to the story.

Ephesians 3 (The Message)
20-21God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

I went to bed late last night and got up late this morning. Not for any other reason than God was on my mind and I was doing some praying. I got up praying the same thing I went to bed praying. Then I started to study this morning. I realized a couple of things that I just had to share. One was in James, verses 2-4, something that has happened many times this year, and us now knowing that the test that have come and continue to come forced our faith life into the open. I started to smile when I read this, just because it also says "it shows our true colors". As I thought back a about half way through the season and then later into the season you all saw my true colors. You were able to see what makes me laugh, what makes me cry. You were able to watch my faith being tested. Not just me alone but many on this team.
I also saw some true colors. I can hear you asking, wonder if he liked what he saw? It really doesn't matter if I liked it or not, just because I now rejoice in the test to see growth in all of us.
I did learn this year to "ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought". Can we really get a grip on that?

Are we really in love with God? I have been reading a great deal on our relationship with God and will share it with you later but this is a great starting point. What does it mean to love God? How do we know? I went around for years after being saved thinking, can I love God as much as I love ???? You fill in the blank. Person or things? Then as you may know my trip to St Louis the love of Christ was revealed to me through His Spirit. This was the start of my eyes being open to God and His love. So today I can say I love God, more than anything in this world.
So I can pray and ask boldly, believingly, knowing that God will give what He has for us, and lead as He leads us. So much more here.....talk to you all later.
James
2-4Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

5-8If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get his help, and won't be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who "worry their prayers" are like wind-whipped waves. Don't think you're going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open.
12Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life.

Looking back now, what have I learned? To trust God. His plan for your life was set into place before the world came to be. YOU CAN’T MESS IT UP!
Your flesh will tell you every lie in the book and the devil is so crafty in making things look as they really should not. The devil wants to encourage us to fail and to be defeated, he wants us to live a life of trouble and a thought of abandonment. I know this first hand as many of you do.
Read James, verse 5-8 again when you need some help and then stand on these verses.
Ephesians 3 (The Message)
20-21God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

Do you really believe? Can He really do "anything? The answer for me is without question "YES. How do I truly know "because as I went through this with God and He moved me from where I really had no intention of moving. I no longer ask "why, but am content with thanking God knowing it’s all in His plan. I fought this for months but God worked within my spirit just like the verse says, not pushing me. He has truly given me more than I could have ever imagined or guessed or requested in my wildest dreams!

George Beasley

No comments:

Oh Snap

  Oh Snap Oh snap! Before I knew it, I found myself at the bottom of a pit. It happened overnight, leaving me bewildered. I hadn’t experie...